The Power of Women
One of the most positive aspects of starting my new business has been to explore the amazing power of women. In my research, networking and my work with clients, I have discovered that women are supportive, smart, funny, confident, powerful, honest, successful and great to work with.In addition to being so important to me as clients and friends, women are an amazingly powerful market segment.
If your business does not do something special to endear yourself to these women, what are you waiting for? If you do not hire a great deal of women?start now. Take a look at the list of statistics and you'll truly understand the power of women.
In a study of 353 Fortune 500 corporations, Catalyst research found the following: .I personally make my purchasing and business decisions based on supporting those in my networking groups, supporting friends in business and shopping at stores that promote women in business. For example, in the highly competitive field of office supplies, take a look at the Office Depot website and see how much they do to support women in business. I have met several key senior management women from Office Depot at conferences and the company authentically gives time and money to support women's causes and hires women in key positions.
- Women are more likely to vote in all but seven states: Hawaii, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oklahoma and South Dakota
- Women are responsible for 83% of all consumer purchases and account for 88% of retail customers in the US
- Women are involved in 89% of all consumer electronics purchase decisions (an industry that considers its target customer male)
- Radio Shack's customers have changed from 20% female seven years ago to 40% female in 2004 (CNN.
- Women make 80% of all healthcare decisions and control over 67% of all healthcare spending
- Single women made up 21% of home buying transactions in early 2003, accounting for the second largest segment of home buyers (Realty Times, 2003)
- Women spend 80% of all sports apparel dollars and control 60% of all money spent on men's clothing
- Mothers spend an average of 16 hours and 52 minutes online per week, around four hours and 35 minutes more than American teenagers (Nua Internet Surveys, 2002)
There are two Staples stores and an Office Max that I PASS on my way to shop at Office Depot. Or, alternatively I shop online at their website and have everything delivered to my office.As a group, we can really make a difference and exert our power if we are aware and put our money where it is truly valued.
Conversely, in your business, make some changes that will affect women in a positive way. Hire women in key positions. Think of the women you know when you craft marketing strategies?what will cause them to spend their hard earned money with you?.Unless otherwise noted, all statistics come from the Business Women's Network/Diversity Best Practices 2005 WOW! Quick Facts Women..For 18 years Karyn Pless built her career in marketing, working her way up the corporate ladder to Vice President of Marketing of Zany Brainy while also juggling two children and a husband.
After turning to a personal coach herself to reduce the chaos in her life, Karyn decided to become trained and certified as a professional coach and started a company called Shine Personal Coaching in 2004 to help business leaders who are also mothers balance those competing roles.In January of 2006, Shine Personal Coaching officially transitioned to Beyond Balance, Work Life Integration Strategies for Professionals in response to client requests for expanded offerings including corporate training, seminars and keynotes in addition to the executive coaching she was already providing.For more information, please visit http://www.
By: Karyn Pless
Foot Fetish Why Some Men Find Boots and Shoes So Erotic - The treasured foot.
Postage Rates Increase - E-mail has replaced the need to send a letter through the regular mail.
Throwing Out Crazy Acronyms to Sound Smart - If you've spent any time online, whether emailing friends, posting on message boards, Instant Messaging co-workers, or chatting in online rooms, chances are you've learned your share of acronyms.
War on Mediocrity is Needed - United States has a war based economy in this is something that is historical.
Tips to Reduce Dating Stress and Enjoy Your MidLife Love Life - A new category of dating has emerged across the county ? mid-life dating.